An article posted on Philly.com today regarding Verizon's push to phase out copper based phone service provided us a good opportunity to highlight the benefits of switching to our flagship voice service, PennTelco.
Internet based phone service has been on the market for several years and has made huge advances in quality and features. We began offering this service to our customers in 2015. When you upgrade to Verizon digital voice or Comcast's phone service, you are also using IP based phone service.
So what's the difference, and why switch to PennTelco over a communications giant like Verizon? Simple!
First, our service costs less than Verizon or Comcast. Secondly, our service offers more features than both mainstream carriers. While we offer similar features like voicemail to email, features we offer that these carriers don't include:
- Customized call flow behavior (how do you want your phones to ring? Do you want an after hours "away" greeting, ring only certain phones?)
- Unlimited number of extensions for different users - available for both home and business customers.
- Unlimited number of voice mailboxes for different users
- Automated attendant greeting (press 1 for Bob, 2 for Jim, 3 for Sally, etc)
- Use your landline number on your cellphone - Forget about call forwarding and no longer worry if you set call forwarding or not - with a simple free smartphone app, you can make and receive calls on your smartphone
- Portability - Moving but want to keep your number? No problem, take your number and your phone wherever you go. Just plug your phone in any internet connection in the world and make calls using your number.